Sunday, February 10, 2013

Recycle and upcycle a dresser

by Debra Anchors

Perfect for a deck or patio, an old dresser can be artfully transformed into a planter. This example of a creative use for a curbside dresser goes to Sue Lindsay over at Sue Loves Junk.

There weren't directions specific to this project, but if this was mine to reinvent, I would line the drawers with either window boxes or eavestrough to prolong the life of the drawers. Depending on the condition of the dresser, it may be a good idea to paint or brush on a coat or two of a waterproofing wood protector, too.



Note:  For convenience, I have embedded links into the text that will take you to the products used in this project.

Recycle, upcycle and do it yourself?  Absolutely!  Have you upcycled something unique for your garden from recycled materials?  Please share it with me so I can feature your creation here.


If you enjoy this website, you might like my magazine, Gardening Life. AND,don’t miss my more traditional gardening website, Gardens Inspired.

I hope you found inspiration today. Remember to subscribe, so you won't miss a thing!

Until next time,
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment